Thursday, January 6, 2011

To pick up where I left off...


This is a picture of my dad and me on my wedding day. The only time he wore a tux. Which was a shame really, because look how handsome he was in it! My sweet dad went to heaven almost a month ago. Between lung cancer and his heart attack, I lost the desire to blog much because nothing was really fun to write about. Sure, the kids and I were doing "life", because that's what you do when you're a mom, but the joy in recapping was far overshadowed by a constant reminder of his condition. Chemo and radiation had been completed and we were waiting until he could safely have bypass surgery. It was the Friday before Thanksgiving that the doctor told us the cancer was not gone, in fact, it had spread to his heart. The doctor replied "weeks" when asked how long he thought my dad had to live. Three weeks to the day, December 10th, he went to be with the Lord. I try to focus on that part; the part of him being in heaven. Restored and whole, healthy and peaceful! Probably like he looks in this picture, wouldn't you think? But I doubt he's running around in a tux; he was more of a jeans guy!

1 comment:

  1. yay! so good to see you!!!

    what a great picture, i know your dad is very proud of you, on your wedding day and always. and most certainly very happy in heaven!

    love you!! :)

    ReplyDelete